Our weekly feature on MSU Football brings diverse responses to
a variety of questions related to the Spartans program.
Part 2. MSU 2013 Season Discussion
2A. ATownAndDown Feature
2B. MSUSpartan76 Feature (This Edition)
Part 3. Rose Bowl and Beyond Discussion
1. Looking back at the season, what are your favorite two or three specific moments/visions - not stats or general outcomes/results, but specific events captured on TV, seen in person, read about or heard on the radio?
2. What are some of the most impressive observations/aspects of this team, staff, players, program, etc. that you feel may have gone a bit under reported?
3. Mark Dantonio selected a few true-freshmen to play this season, while still red-shirting most of their classmates. How do you feel about the decisions to activate Shelton, Williams, and Geiger?
4. How many of the fans who wanted Damion Terry to "burn the redshirt" still think that would have been the right thing to do? What does that tell us for the future about fan reactions and early-season perceptions?
5. As for the QB competition, Datonio was accused of was "creating a circus". Was Dantonio being indecisive or was he merely being patient while gathering information, adjusting and verifying? A little of both? What was your take on the situation then vs. now?
6. Michigan State has 18 seniors and will suffer significant losses on defense. Although the Spartans do return good players on defense, I think most analysts will assume a significant drop off in defensive production. Whatever that drop off might be, if there is one, discuss your thoughts on how the experienced offense might help out the defense in 2014. Will it? Can it? Will it be needed?
- WMU: Defensive TD, Jarius Jones interception, as he is tackled, he flips it back to Kurtis Drummond who takes it in for the TD.
- OSU: Cook muscling his way in for the TD on a QB keeper.
- OSU: Langford slicing through the heart of the OSU defense for a TD.
- OSU: Spartan Dawgs stopping OSU on 4th and... and again.
- USF: Tyler Hoover leaping over a defender to get the sack. (If readers know of the play and it wasn't Hoover, please let me know in comments)
- UM: Trevon Pendleton's bail out reception for 49 yards on MSU's 1st offensive play.
- OSU: Josaih Price alone in the end zone TD!
- OSU: Mumphrey 72 yard pass reception taken in for a TD.